The building was built in 1878 and has operated continuously as a movie theatre since 1917. Kiwanis purchased the theatre in 1977 and with the help of community and club sweat equity, has made many improvements over the years. This includes: new roof, new windows, updated projection room, new digital equipment, new seating, concession upgrades, new marquee, community signage, chair lift to washrooms, handicapped washroom upstairs. Club members dug out the lower level meeting room area by hand many years ago.